The premiere date is December 29, 2018.
The musical “Hutsulka Ksenia” (libretto and music by Yaroslav Barnych) is a combination of modern technology and Ukrainian authenticity. In particular, among the costumes you can see a unique collection of Hutsul guns by Ruslana Honcharuk. And the highlight of the stage solution is the laser show from the Show Service team.
According to the plot, Ukrainian emigrants from the USA arrive in Vorokhta to find a bride for a young man in the Carpathians. His father bequeathed him a million dollars, but on the condition that he find a “conscious Ukrainian woman” in his historical homeland and marry her.
Composer Yaroslav Barnych entered the history of Ukrainian music as the founder of modern Ukrainian operetta. He was called “Ukrainian Lehar”. He was a composer of the European school and style. The music from Yaroslav Barnych’s operetta sounds in a modern arrangement, and the dance numbers have many elements of modern choreography, while preserving an authentic Ukrainian leitmotif.
- Director-producer - People's Artist of Ukraine Rostyslav Derzhypilskyi
- Conductor, arranger - Honored Artist of Ukraine Bohdan Tkachuk
- Choreographer-director - Dmytro Leka
- The artist-director - Olesia Holovach
- The author of the Hutsul Hun collection - Ruslana Honcharuk